We Became Jaguars
Revel in the breathtaking strangeness of We Became Jaguars, a transformative picture book from Dave Eggers.
When Grandma comes to visit and a young boy's parents leave, the rules of the house—and the world—change: They transform into jaguars!
Readers follow their journey into the lush, undiscovered world of nature, experience true freedom, and lose themselves in the exhilarating power of pretending.
• From Dave Eggers, bestselling author of The Circle, Tomorrow Most Likely, and A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
• Filled with alluring illustrations
• Features Eggers's signature knack for the surreal
After a day of playing, running, and climbing through sumptuous landscapes, the ending will leave you wondering what’s real and what's make-believe.
Grandchildren, grandparents, teachers, and librarians alike will fall in love with this vivid celebration of imagination and the power of love to leave you forever altered.
• Gorgeous illustrations of animals, forests, and the natural world
• A celebration of the power of imagination, play, fiction, and storytelling
• Great for grandparents, as well as librarians, English and science teachers, and educators
• You'll love this book if you love books like The Antlered by Dashka Slater, Drawn Together by Minh Lê, and On a Magical Do-Nothing Day by Beatrice Alemagna.